When, in 3WDOC, we were asked to create a mini-website in HTML5 about a photo session, in Hawaii, made by Marcel Hartmann about Robby Naish, dressed in Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, we were wondering if we were not dreaming! Robby Naish, in addition to being an icon like Tony Hawk for skateboarding or Kelly Slater for surfing. Robby Naish is also an exceptional person. Eminently likeable and charismatic, he continues to excel at almost 50 years in sports which he has almost created. We needed, at 3WDOC, such change in term of content after the first demonstration conducted on behalf of Samuel Bollendorff about the milk crisis in Luxembourg. As you can see eclecticism is a true value among the 3WDOC team.
What to think about this demonstration
This demonstration proves several things:
- First of all, Robby Naish is a living example that sport and a certain ethic keep in good physical and intellectual condition.
- 3WDOC technology is truly versatile. It brings together all types of use on all types of subjects. Is this the Robby Naish’s effect but this demo has definitely inspired a “baseline” for our tool.
- It shows the importance of a modern marketing and communication like we talk about modern browser. This new kind of communication and marketing agrees with several underlying trends that we have observed as a web agency :
- New uses in media’s consumption, and thus a total shift in marketing and communication on the web for brands or traditional media in general. Users want to interact, react, learn to their pace according to their desires, be moved… Everything that 3WDOC technology makes possible.
- The necessity for any professional to produce and respond quickly, especially aimed at new platforms, including mobile iPad with HTML5. Just as reminder HTML5 is compliant with this new environment.
- Brands like Tommy Hilfiger have to open widely their communication on the Internet to the users. Indeed, Internet is totally a user-oriented market. Brands need to offer stories and experiences and not just mere mini-sites.
- The values that prevail in choosing a technology: the technology must be versatile, robust and open to aggregate all the actual and future Internet usages. Last thing, this technology must be open to all existing and future platforms with an API eg Facebook, Twitter or or any Online video platforms (OVP) like youtube for instance. This is the case for the 3WDOC technology.
3WDOC studio is a versatile tool to create and deliver rich media experiences optimized in HTML5 to run across the web.
3WDOC studio est un outil polyvalent pour créer et délivrer, sur le web, en HTML5 des expériences Rich Media optimisées.
All the screen captures were made in Google Chrome
The exploits of Robby Naish, wearing Tommy Hilfiger
The intellectual property rights on all elements (animations, photographs, illustrations, pictures, recipes, fact sheets, music … etc) making up the elements of this article are the sole property of their authors.
A big thank you to all those who made this project possible.
- Conception: Hecube
- Video production: Treets TV
- Web Development: 3wdoc
- A film made by Christophe Simon
- Robby Naish / Himself
- Marcel Hartmann / Photography
- Xavier Privat / Journalist
- Philipp Hohndorf / 1st assistant photographer
- Luciano Neves / Fashion Designer
- Camille Kozuki / Hair and makeup
- Dana Hamilton / Production unit in Hawaii
- Mia Meliava / Coordination France
- Valerie D’Olce / Tommy Hilfiger Coordinator
- R-mute / Editing
- Ulrich Robin / Sound Design
A big thank you to Tommy Hilfiger Europe, the Naish family for their kindness and generosity.
What to remember on the 3WDOC technology and the 3WDOC player?
Free, open and consistent with W3C recommendations
We hope above all that everyone can use our technology and for that we have maximum ease of integration of our technology in your environment (website, blog …. etc.) with a basic level of knowledge of HTML. Some training in HTML integration will be enought to use our 3WDOC player.
For the people who does not speak french, here is the list.
- is not just another html5 video player.
- displays Web content differently
- displays rich content easily anywhere on the screen but also anytime in the story that is told in a web page.
- Ready for SEO optimized unlike Flash
- allows easy positioning in width, height and depth of html elements
- allows publishers not tell everything in one html screen
- reads a custom markup language very easy to learn
- does not need any third-party browser plug-ins, like flash or silverlight.
- integrates all the intelligence a rich media website needs.
- making creation just a problem of HTML integration. No development, a development cycle ultra fast … So Agile